BLM Seeks Nominations for Utah’s Resource Advisory Council


Utah residents interested in the management and conservation of public lands have an opportunity to become directly involved through participation on the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Utah Resource Advisory Council (RAC).

Public nominations are being accepted to fill one (1) three-year position on the RAC in category three which includes: holders of state, county or local elected office; representatives of Indian tribes; employees of a state agency responsible for management of natural resources; representatives of academia involved in natural sciences; or the public-at-large.

“The RAC has been an excellent way to keep citizens engaged in the resource issues facing public lands in Utah,” said BLM Utah state director Juan Palma. “BLM managers look forward to having more Utahans become involved in this collaborative process, bringing fresh ideas to the table.”

Nominees will be evaluated on their education, training, and experience with issues involving public lands in Utah. They should have demonstrated a commitment to collaborative resource decision-making. RAC members serve without monetary compensation, but are reimbursed for travel and meal expenses.

All nominations must be accompanied by letters of reference (a minimum of two) from the interests or organizations to be represented, a completed nomination form, as well as, any other information that speaks to the nominee’s qualifications. Nomination forms are available from BLM offices and from BLM’s website at

The BLM consults with Utah Governor Herbert before forwarding its recommendations to the Secretary of the Interior for final decision.

The deadline for sending nominations and letters of support to the BLM is December 28, 2011. All nominations and letters of reference should be sent to: Bureau of Land Management, Utah State Office, 440 West 200 South, Suite 500, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84101, Attn: Sherry Foot.

For additional information, contact Special Programs Coordinator, Sherry Foot at (801) 539-4195.

scroll to top