The members of the Carbon County Hope Squad want to remind the community that depression, suicide and mental illness do not take a break over the holiday season. They are offering a few basic tips to keep keep this season a positive one.
If you or someone you love has thought about or expressed suicidal thoughts, help is available.
- Call for help. Help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you live in Utah, call the Statewide Crisis Line at 801-587-3000 or call the National Suicide Prevention LifeLine at 1-800-273-TALK.
- Take any threat of suicide seriously.
- Do not leave the suicidal person alone.
- Listen to and don’t judge anyone you think may be in trouble.
- Take action. Remove guns or pills to prevent a suicide attempt.