The Emery Spartan Track Team hosted Wayne, Union, and Pinnacle High Schools on Thursday in the 2nd Annual Darrell Gardner Invitational. Emery upended the nearest team by a combined 80 points.
Emery boys placed first with 126 points, followed by Union with 85, and Wayne, 43. Wayne girls nipped the Spartans by a score of 87-84. Union placed third with 32 points, and Pinnacle finished last with 5.
- Scott Jackson, first in 100-meter run, 11.72.
- Ashlynn Allred, first in the 100, 200, and 400, 12.92, 27.91, and 1:01.99, respectively.
- David Dyer, first in the 200, 24.81
- Jake Hardy, first in the 400, 56.12
- Catherine Dyer, first in 100-meter hurdles, 17.61
- Brendon Jorgensen, first in 110 and 300 hurdles, 16.38 and 42.97, respectively. First in the long jump, 18-06.25
- Jessica Guymon, first in the 800 and javelin, 2:38.79 and 97-01, respectively.
- Caleb Woolsey, first in the 1600, 5:26.55.
- Jacee Bird, first in the 1600, 6:25.71
- Ledan Johnson, first in the 3200, 11:48.75.
- Taylor Hansen, first in the high jump, 6-01.00.
- Hailee Rogers, first in the long jump, 15-07.00.
- Brandon McCandless, first in the shot put and discus, 41-08.50 and 116-09, respectively.
- Whitney Withers, first in the shot put and discus, 29-02.00 and 88-06(state qualifier), respectively.
- Emery 4×100 boys, first with a time of 46.50.
- Emery 4×100 girls, first with a time of 51.97.
- Emery Sprint Medley Relay, first with a time of 4:02.17