Faulty Wiring Starts Fire in Kenilworth Home

IMG_3273.jpg

Faulty wiring started a house fire in Kenilworth on Sunday morning.

According to Helper Fire Chief Rich Columbo, the fire started at approximately 8:30 a.m. at lot 69 on 1st Avenue. Faulty wiring in the closet started the fire.

Columbo explained that the fire smoldered for about eight hours before crews were paged after a neighbor noticed smoke billowing from the home. The homeowners were in Alaska selling their previous home when the fire started.

Two fire trucks from Helper City responded to the scene along with one truck from Price City. Crews were able to quickly extinguish the flames.

“Everything went well with the help of Price,” Columbo said.

It is estimated that $35-40,000 of damage was done to the two-story home. Columbo said damaged possessions in the home were worth about $40-50,000.

scroll to top
WordPress Video Lightbox
X
X