Helper Fire Department Responds to a House Fire in Kenilworth

0094.jpg

A plume of smoke could be seen for miles as a fire raged through a home in Kenilworth Thursday morning. Emergency crews were dispatched to a structure fire on Main Street in Kenilworth at approximately 11:30 a.m. After dousing flames, smoke continued to billow from the home for quite some time.

According to Helper Fire Department Chief Rich Columbo, repairs were being made to the home’s roof when a power line was knocked down, causing the fire.

“The home is owned by Andy Jaimez who was fixing it so that he may move in,” Columbo explained. “Because no one was living in the home, Jaimez was unable to insure the structure. The home is a total loss.”

scroll to top
X
X