Pie Baking Contest Rules
- Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
- Contest is intended for amateur bakers only. Professional bakers or those who earn a portion of their livelihood from baking or cooking may NOT enter the contest.
- Each pie must be made from scratch and baked in an 8”, 9” or 10” pie plate/pan. Each pie must include a serving utensil and a cover. NOT ALLOWED: CAN PIE FILLING OR A PRE-MADE STORE-BOUGHT CRUST
- Contestant must bring two of the entered pie.
- Contestants can submit as many entries as they want.
- Enter pies on date of contest at the Carbon County Fairgrounds Events Center at 12:30 p.m. Judging to be done at 1 p.m. with awards and public tasting following.
- Judging Criteria: Overall appearance, crust color/texture (doneness and flavor), filling consistency (doneness and flavor) and overall taste.
- Scoring: Each judge assigns a numerical value (1-5) in each criteria category (without consultation of the other judges.) In case of a tie, judges will then consult upon each other.