Presenters from ZionвЂ™s Bank visited the Emery County Economic Summit on Wednesday and praised UtahвЂ™s economic standing.
According to the presenters, UtahвЂ™s economy continues to grow despite a deep recession across the United States.
Here are some of the highlights from the presentation:
- UtahвЂ™s largest export is minerals.
- New businesses are coming to Utah because of our efficiency and work ethic.
- Utah currently has 5200 technology companies.
- UtahвЂ™s median household income is greater than the national average.
- Tourism accounts for 10 percent of UtahвЂ™s jobs.
- Most tourists visit UtahвЂ™s National Parks.
- Utah is just one of three states to currently posses a AAA bond rating.
- Forbes Magazine rated Utah the number one state for business.
- Fortune Magazine named only two cities in the United States to its list of best cities for doing business: Austin, Texas, and Salt Lake City, Utah.