*UPDATE* Small Scare at BLM Building Causes Evacuation

photo2.jpg

Around 8 a.m. this morning, workers of the Bureau of Land Management of Price were evacuated from the building. A BLM employee called authorities to report the smell of smoke inside the building.

The Price fire and police departments responded to the scene and evacuated all employees. The cause of the smoke was determined to be caused by a furnace malfunction.

“Sometimes furnaces malfunction and cause a little smoke,” explained Price City Fire Chief Paul Bedont. “The furnace shuts off when there is a malfunction so no fire would have been caused by it.”

The fire department also inspected the electrical system in the building and advised that everything seemed to be in working order.

BLM employees were able to return to work shortly after the fire department had cleared the scene.

scroll to top
X
X