Smoke filled the air in south Price Tuesday evening as wind fueled the flames of a structure fire. At approximately 7 p.m., emergency crews were called to the location at 5200 South Highway 10 near Miller Creek.
When fire crews arrived on the scene, they found a three storage sheds engulfed in flames and a fourth in danger. According to Price City Fire Chief Paul Bedont, the original fire most likely stemmed from a power line spark. A small shop nearby caught fire and because of contents stored inside the building, the fire quickly spread.
“Contents inside the shop made the situation worse,” Bedont explained. “There was a lot of equipment, diesel fuel and settling tanks that exploded inside the building. This, along with high winds and a severely damaged and energized power pole nearby, hampered our efforts dramatically.”
Once flames were extinguished, three storage sheds were destroyed and smoke continued to fill the air due to high winds.