Treadmill Ignites at Fitness World, Displaces Residents in Neighboring Apartments

Screen-Shot-2016-11-07-at-10.44.19-AM.jpg

The Price City Fire Department received a report that there was a fire on Price City’s Main Street At approximately 4:30 A.M. on Saturday. Upon arriving on the scene, it was discovered that local gym Fitness World had caught fire after a treadmill in the facility ignited.

It is believed that the treadmill had a malfunction. The fire spread across the gym before crawling up toward the tenants area in the apartments above the gym. This resulted in at least 30 of the residents being evacuated from the building.

According to authorities, there were no injuries to be reported and all were evacuated safely. Smoke alarms are believed to be a big part of the reason why all were notified without harm.

A GoFundMe account has been set up to aide in the repairs that must be made in regards to the accident. To donate, please visit https://www.gofundme.com/jerri-timothys-fire-fund.

 

scroll to top
WordPress Video Lightbox
X
X